Followers

Thursday 21 August 2014

My Granny in 1917 - scrapbook page

For the Compendium of curiosities 3, challenge 9 I decided to do a scrap book page.
Not done so many recently , I got so inky I thought I should change my blog title to
getting messy in the attic !!

If you want to join in there are some great prizes from Tim Holtz & Mario his manager (box of Tim's goodies !)  & on the odd number challenges (this one !) we have Inspiration Emporium giving
Away a £50 gift voucher , find them here -: http://www.inspirationemporium.com


                                             I took this photo on a cushion and it looks bendy !!


This is a photo of my maternal grandmother when she was young taken in 1917  a couple
Of years before my Mum was born so gran would have been 27.

I scanned the photo in, didn't need to distress it as it's a bit distressed already !
I played about with ideas and colours until I liked the result.




Above photo is a swirl cut from Tim Holtz paper pack, Idea-ology vintage shabby.
I stamped with butterflies using old paper & red brick and distressed with peacock feathers distress ink.
and a little timber brown stayzon ink



This photo above shows the thinking process. i didn't use the postcard in the end.
I used Tim Holtz bigz die, movers and shapers Bookplates & ; Tim's framelits French flight
For the Eiffel Tower , pointed hand & butterflies.
I can't tell you Tim's technique as it's part of the rules to encourage others
To buy Tim's book :-)
before layering my pieces i spritzed the background with Artiste gold stone & ranger 
cranberry, dripping some from my fingers for splashing bits.i also dragged the photo edges
and other additions through the gold stone ink that i had sprayed onto my mat.
some of the background ephemera is from Madame Payroud papers.

 the following is some close ups of different area's


I do hope you love it as much as i do

16 comments :

  1. This is beautiful, what a lovely picture of your grandmother. The little tags with the bits of narrative on are great :) hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful detailing on your LO, love the inky spritzes too... Thanks for playing along with the CC3 Challenge and hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, your grandmother was a beautiful lady. Loving the gorgeous papers and design.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely idea Jenna and that is a lovely pic of grandmother. Thank you for sharing with Crafty Bloggers Network.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janna...what a wonderful tribute to your grandmother! This is a wonderful layout page. I really like the way you've incorporated the framelits into your design. The butterflies are so sweet...the stamped ones over to the left and the dimensional framelits throughout your piece. I also really like the little label holder die cuts with the information about your grandmother. Very clever. Thanks for sharing with us at CC3C. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE to see layouts! This is sooooo gorgeous! Love the colors of the butterflies and the kraft base! Just eye catching! Thanks for playing along with us at CC3Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful page and to be able to use real family photos is wonderful

    I've finished mine today and have just added it to the link

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful page to show off the gorgeous picture of your grandmother, fabulous.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely way to preserve a memory. What a lovely picture. Fab page

    ReplyDelete
  10. What beautiful page Janna! Isn't she lovely, isn't she......Oh gosh, here I go singing again! It will be with me all night now! lol Love the photo & the layout you've created!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi lovely layout. I love crafting in the attic even when it's pouring down! We even have similar names x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a treasured page this must be... the photo is so specialy and lovely, and you've created such beautiful embellishments for it. Love the b'flies and how you did your journaling in those little label holders. Thanks for joining us at CC3C!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful Page all the little details are so lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning page of your beautiful grandma! Nice use of the butterflies and swirls to create the romantic, vintage feel. Thanks for entering it for CC3C!

    ReplyDelete

I do appreciate you taking the time to add a comment, thanks i love reading them all :-)