Followers

Sunday 17 August 2014

Alphabetica ,take time to smell the roses

This card is for a sweet friend who has a birthday this week.
I used a technique I found on u-tube for water colouring with perfect pearls.
I was going to use the rose for the whole background , but I think
This is nicer as the wild rose capsule range goes so well with it.

I would like to enter this card into the Oak house challenge for August


These are the stamps used, DoCrafts botanicals rose
And an Oak House text stamp.








So first of all ink the rose stamp with versamark or other clear ink
In the u-tube video . White embossing powder was used, I used 
This pretty moon glow Hibiscus rose orange one.





This is how it looks when heat embossed







Next swipe an ink pad right over the image, it looks awful, but don't panic !!!
I used a pink distress ink & on a second one I added a little green on the leaves
Shown below



Then spray very liberally with perfect pearls in a mister with water
Or the Artiste spritzing ink in white as shown 







Repeat the technique and make a little deeper red on the roses.
Also repeat with the Oak house text stamp too.
When all is dry , cut out the roses so you can decoupage.
Keeping one for the background , 

Above is the die set I used to cut out my toppers
It's a 7x7 card with the wild rose paper background, 
Edges inked in adirondack lettuce.
The topper have edges inked in deep rose.


Add the decoupaged roses now.

I used the mini alphabet stickers from the botanicals range
Shown here to put 'JO' on the card. Adding a bow from the wild rose capsule 
range to finish off.













No comments :

Post a Comment

I do appreciate you taking the time to add a comment, thanks i love reading them all :-)